WEBSITE

SLIDER

  •  photo af2e85ba-243e-40b7-8359-102dd88c7086_zps6e5119e3.jpg" />
  •  photo 99c2aa08-6fda-4dc3-94cd-6f85d497db9c_zpsdfb0c0fe.jpg" />

Monday 23 June 2014

Breakfast Pancakes




Often there isn't any bread left in the house and I'm not keen on cereals so I whip up these small fluffy pancakes for breakfast.  They are so easy and lovely with a few frozen berries sprinkled on before flipping over.  I have tried so many different recipes for these pancakes and decided to make my own version which I must say worked perfect this morning.

I use a mug for the measurements:

1 mug self raising flour (I use Mc Dougalls Special S.R. flour)
half a mug buttermilk
half a mug milk
1 TBS melted butter
1 egg

Beat the egg, buttermilk, milk & butter together

Add flour and gently stir together, should be thick whipping cream consistency.



Lightly grease the frying pan with some oil/butter, add tablespoon of batter and drop on some frozen berries if desired and fry on very low heat.

When golden on bottom flip over and cook until golden brown.


































Serve with syrup, butter or jam. They freeze very well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design